The township was established in the 1830s during a time of great exploration and expansion in New South Wales. In 1829 surveyor general Major Thomas Mitchell camped near the site of the present bridge over the Wingecarribee River while surveying the route for the Great South Road. He advised governor Bourke that here was an ideal town site, and surveyor Robert Hoddle submitted a plan for the village which was approved in 1831. Berrima is widely recognised today as the best preserved example of a Georgian village on the Australian mainland.
Belmore Falls The Barrengarry Creekes descends over three drops, ranging in height between 77–130 metres
Fitzroy Falls Created by the Yarrunga Creek dropping 81m off the sandstone escarpment into the Yarrunga Valley
Yarrunga Valley viewed from the East Rim of Fitzroy Falls
Fitzroy Falls Reservoir and wildflower
Moss on gravestones at Myra Vale Cemetery near Fox Run Church
Jamberoo Lookout towards the coast