Wattamolla Beach, Royal National Park, NSW

Audrey Weir

Advertisements

Katoomba, Blue Mountains, NSW

Narrow Neck Plateau and Kedumba Valley

Mountain Devil (Lambertia Formosa)
Eucalyptus Tree shedding bark
Unfurling Fern

Three Sisters from Echo Point
View of Mount Solitary and Kedumba Valley from Echo Point

Eucalyptus Tree
Three Sisters, Jamison valley and Mount Solitary from Echo Point
Eastern Yellow Robin

View of Three Sisters and Mount Solitary

Eastern Spinebill
Wentworth Falls
Mountain Devil (Lambertia Formosa)

Southern Highlands, NSW

Berrima

The township was established in the 1830s during a time of great exploration and expansion in New South Wales. In 1829 surveyor general Major Thomas Mitchell camped near the site of the present bridge over the Wingecarribee River while surveying the route for the Great South Road. He advised governor Bourke that here was an ideal town site, and surveyor Robert Hoddle submitted a plan for the village which was approved in 1831. Berrima is widely recognised today as the best preserved example of a Georgian village on the Australian mainland.

St Francis Xavier Catholic Church
Built on the site of the convict stockade. Originally known as St Scholastica’s, the foundation stone was laid by Archbishop Polding in 1849. It is one of only two churches in Australia designed by the architect Augustus Pugin, who worked on the design of the Houses of Parliament in London.

Berrima Gaol. The colonial architect Mortimer Lewis supervised construction of the Gaol over a four-year period from 1835 to 1839. During WW1 the prison housed German internees and in WW2 it was used to store munitions. After extensive alterations, it reopened in 1949 as the Berrima Training Centre.
St Francis Xavier Catholic Church Statue of St Francis above the main entrance
Berrima Court House Designed by Colonial Architect Mortimer Lewis and constructed between 1835 and 1838. Berrima Court House played a significant role in Australia’s judicial history, the very first trial by jury in the colony was held here in April 1841.

Belmore Falls  The Barrengarry Creekes descends over three drops, ranging in height between 77–130 metres
Fitzroy Falls Created by the Yarrunga Creek dropping 81m off the sandstone escarpment into the Yarrunga Valley

Yarrunga Valley viewed from the East Rim of Fitzroy Falls

Fitzroy Falls Reservoir and wildflower

Moss on gravestones at Myra Vale Cemetery near Fox Run Church

Jamberoo Lookout towards the coast